Saturday, March 26, 2016

Movie time

        Thrillers aren't something I usually watch, which makes it hard to reference a certain movie. But I did watch the movie "Room" directed by Lenny Abrahamson. I would consider this movie a thriller due the constant state of wonder I was in. I enjoyed the voice over, which could be something to consider with my opening. Maybe a voice over of the main character talking? But with this I would need good dialogue and I am not the best writer. Yet, it is a very good way to hook on to people's attention and give an inside look into the main characters point of view and demented mind. In this movie the voice over began with the little boy speaking and glimpses of the room around them. This, both the cinematography and audio techniques, helped to establish the idea that they are locked up in a room from the first minute. That is also what I hope to create in my film opening. Many of  the techniques used in this film may be useful for me to use in my own production, this includes many of the lighting techniques. They had a single sky light on the roof that allowed light to shine through (this was important when the power went out) and was useful to watch for me to use some of their ideas.
       With this information I feel as if setting may not be as important if I add another element such as sound (aka a voice over or something of that sort). And because of problems with the shooting site this was useful information to discover.


 "Room Movie Review & Film Summary (2015) | Roger Ebert." All Content. Web. 26 Mar. 2016. 

1 comment:

  1. Reading through your blog, there's one thing that sticks out to me as solid above anything else: research. You heavily establish your credibility/ability to complete your project through the extensive research that you've done. Everything you mention and include is relevant to the decision making processes that you've undergone while coming to important conclusions about your production. As far as setting the stage for the product that you're going to create, you did a very good job of drawing me in and making me interested.

    However, you're primarily lacking any progress in the ideas you've come up with. Despite not having a setting for filming quite yet, there's a load of more research/pre-production work you could've done to further your progress. For example, you could have started on your script, or start on your storyboard/shot list. In addition, you could have attempted research at creating a makeshift set for your film, because despite a real set being ideal, when it comes down to it there's a due date and you have to do what you have to do. I wish you luck!

    ReplyDelete