Thursday, April 7, 2016

The Final Stretch!

I have completed the editing for the film opening and I started/finished the credits for it. I am including some examples to explain the reasons for my choices.

When creating captions I looked at Perks of Being a Wallflower as help through it. I had watched it when reviewed another student's blog and returned for guidance. I tried to keep each one on for the same amount of time, except in many specific cases. For instance, important parts in the film production. I tried to make it seem as much as a real film opening as possible which is why I made up names and followed to pattern from Perks of Being a Wallflower.

I kept the lettering very simple. I wanted a bit of a contrast to what is actually being shown but I didn't want it to be too much of a distraction. Each one is in white and is usually placed in the corner or a spot where not much is happening. This is done to maintain focus on what is being shown rather than just names. This is a constant concept throughout the piece. The color of the lettering is also a direct contrast to the dark lighting (from being in the dark forest at night). It also brings out the idea/brightness of the flashlight.

At first I had only one credit in the yellow lighting shown above. This was the only coloring that differed in the credits. I put yellow because it brought out the yellow stitching in the shoes and since they were a big part in the production it showed that through the color font. But after much thought and watching it over again and again (and again and again and again) I decided not to include this. I decided it was better to have a constant size, font, and color for every credit line. Overall, it looks much better and is easier to read when watching it. 

I am thrilled to be finished with editing but am stressed out over what music is going to be paired with it. As I was editing, Dylan and Brett were supposed to find a song to use but there was no such luck. We emailed Warner Brothers Music to hopefully receive permission to use "Strangers in the Night" by Frank Sinatra but we never got a response. I also called multiple time on different days and got no answer, just a prerecorded message saying that the receptionist wasn't there. I now must take actions into my own hands and find music to use. I have found a few websites that allow us to use music with the proper credits given so I will be looking into those tonight.


No comments:

Post a Comment